I’ve finally upgraded to Leopard and so far I’m loving the following:
- Built in ssh-agent support.
- The iCal and Mail integration.
- New look Finder.
- Profiles in the terminal.
- Being able to map network shares from the dock.
The things that have not improved.
- Using a real UK PC keyword is still not handled correctly (I’m had a ergonomic keyboard for years).
- There seems to be no way to change to size of unread counts in the dock (annoying for netnewswire).
I’ve also just spent what seems like an age getting my keyboard back to functioning
correctly, after MacOS refused to do anything to change the keyboard type with the following
error (also sometimes the change keyboard type button disappeared from the keyboard and
mouse section of system preferences):
No unknown keyboard connected - terminating
The only way to fix it was to remove the following file and then reboot.
Then when re-detecting the keyboard type and selecting the map from the following page, it
worked correctly with the keyboard type of ISO European.